Here's how to get Mountain Lion:
- Go to the Mac App Store from the Apple Menu.
- A link to Mountain Lion is right on the front page. It is only $20. Buy it.
- Download. It took just under an hour for mine to download.
- Open Install Mountain Lion.app from the applications folder or Launch Pad.
- The only decision to make is which hard drive to install Mountain Lion to. You are probably going to install to your internal hard drive and that is the only option shown. If not, click Show All Disks.
- Sit back and wait. My wait was about 15 minutes.
Do you have more than one Mac? You buy Mountain Lion once and can install it on every Mac you own without repurchasing. Here are some instructions on how to install Mountain Lion on multiple Macs without downloading it to each Mac.