- Go to the Apple Menu on the Menu Bar and choose About this Mac. This gives you some important info about your Mac but not the model year.
- Click the More Info... button.
- Go to the Apple Menu on the Menu Bar and choose About this Mac.
- Your version of OS X will be in grey text under Mac OS X. Click the grey text twice to see your Mac's Serial Number. (And yes, I did test that this works in Snow Leopard which is the oldest version of OS X that I have but I verified that it also works in Leopard.)
- Note the last 4 characters of the Serial Number.
- Go to the Everymac.com Ultimate Mac Lookup
- Enter the last characters of your serial number.
Related: Mountain Lion