Here are some sources for avatars:
- Your Mac has several Buddy pic icons in your Pictures folder.
- Click on your Buddy Pic at the top right of your Buddy List.
- Hit the Edit Picture... button.
- Select the iChat Icons folder in your Pictures folder and explore the contents of the subfolders. You will find flags, animals, planets, guitars and more.
- You can search Google for 'Buddy Pics" and find many sites with Buddy pic icons.
- You can search Google Images for pictures that represent your interests.
- Check out this site for links to websites that let you create Wii Mii-like images of yourself. (Some of the links on this page are dead, but most still work.)
- Go to Cartoonize.net to convert a photo of yourself to a cartoon.